Assets of a little company called Vancouver Sash and Door Company were purchased by Arthur Lundgren in 1940. This led to the incorporation in January 1941 of Vancouver Door Company. By the following year due to the labor supply shortage because of competition with the shipyards at Vancouver and Portland it was moved to Montesano, Washington.
By 1950 we were producing our first flush doors. In 1960 the company was moved to Puyallup, Washington to the old Hunt’s Cannery building. The manufacturing plant used three floors to manufacture doors and two elevators to move them to the shipping area.
A modern plant was constructed after a huge fire in 1992 destroyed the old Cannery building